Saturday, May 15, 2010

Why read this Blog?

Hi Friends,

I am a Investment Professional working with one of the Biggest Investment firms in the world. I am happy to share that I have been a successful career changer and wanted to create this platform to inspire others and share information that can help you launch a successful career in Finance/Investments Industry. Through this blog I wish to help anyone who wishes to pursue a career in Finance/Investments. I also wish to make this a a blog to provide simple answers to all the complex/unanswered questions that you have about finance. I know there are many questions that you have in mind and most people give you answers that confuse you further..

Some questions that I had were:

1)What does an investment banker do?

2)What does a quant do?

3)Is Investment banking and asset management synonymous?

4)What is Sell side and what is buy side?

5)Is there a overlap between theory and practice?

6)What are mortgage backed securities?

7)What is so sexy about Derivatives ?

8)What is so sexy about Investment banker?

9)Does an MBA get me a job or does it get me skills? (I hope you enjoy reading my thoughts on this topic as it will change your approach towards MBA or for that matter any further education)

and there are many many more to follow. I will also be happy to write about topics you wish to read. Please let me know and I can put them in a log and publish articles on these topics as soon as I get time.

My blogs depict my opinion and you are free and welcome to agree or disagree. I am also learning and hence I am no expert, but I can guarantee my best efforts. I hope you enjoy reading my Blogs and use it as a useful resource to channel your efforts in the right direction.

Thanks

3 comments:

  1. nice initiative
    keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  2. very good work..hoping for solution of others unanswered questions asap....kudos to u..!!!

    ReplyDelete